1. Have regular microdermabrasions- Microdermabrasions exfoliate the skin and allow new younger skin to come to the surface.
2. Hydrate my skin with olive oil.
3. Get regular botox treatments. Like muscles in a broken arm that get weaker while the arm is mending, muscles in the face begin to atrophy when Botox is used regularly. If we keep muscles from getting strong again, we often can go longer between treatments. I am determined not to let those little lines above my lips start to form.
4. Take vitamin supplements. Skin begins to glow when we get the right nutrients and minerals.
5. Exercise regularly. My favorite exercise video is Turbo Jam. Go to beachbody.com to find out more about it. A little dance, a little kickboxing, a little weight training. My arms are getting toned and so is my tush.
6. Get regular peels. Peels with glycolic, salicylic, malic, lactic or citric will exfoliate the skin's top layer more effectively than grainy scrub. A high concentration 20 to 30 percent peel can increase collagen production.
7. Use Retin A (tretinoin) on face, neck and hands. This is the best product and the most studied of all treatments for production of collagen.
8. Laugh often.
9. Don't take life too seriously.
10. Simplify, simplify, simplify.
Forgive me, but my husband Dr. Kerr reminds me that I also should add 2 more to my list.
11. Wear sunscreen.
12. Drink more water. I get so busy I forget that my skin needs liquid love.